Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Probably Kick My Ass in Arm-Wrestling, too

Mrs Elliott held a movie night over here for some of her lady friends last Friday night.

One of her friends pulled out a flask when she got here, asked for a whisky glass. "Talisker," she explained. Graciously shared some with me. A fine single-malt.

I commented on her excellent taste. Unusual, in a woman, to appreciate such a whisky.

Well, it turns out that last year she and some friends did a walking tour of distilleries on Islay. In 2015 they are returning for a walking tour of Speyside distilleries.

After the film, I said that there was a bit of music in it that I liked. It was not identified in the credits. 

The whisky woman said that surely there was a soundtrack available. I did a brief search and found nothing. She stuck to her guns -- there has to be one, she said.

So I pitched it back in her court, and wagered her a glass of whisky at O'Kane's if she turns up a soundtrack. She asked whether they had good whisky there. I said sure, The Balvenie, for one. "The Balvenie," she sniffed. "A woman's whisky."

Maybe she's too manly for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment