Saturday, February 22, 2014

(I forgot to title this post . . . )

Mrs Elliott is out of town, visiting family. A friend and I met at Blue Pine Grill last night to listen to the band "Elektrapod." Good band. Guitar, drums (not a busy drummer but solid as a rock -- great snare tone, too), tight bass guitar, percussion, keyboard, and female singer.

Throw in three horn players and tighten up on a few of the songs that got overlong and "jam-y," and they'd be a great club band.

I don't know if the sound system belonged to the house or is the band's, but it didn't do the voices any favors. Muddy, indistinct, and overloaded too easily. Maybe the band can find a sound man.

There were a dozen or so people dancing. My friend leaned over. "Why is it that only 20-year olds can move their asses like that?"

"Don't be an old lech," I explained.

We parted ways at the end of the generously-long first set. It wasn't until after midnight when I finally rolled into bed. I haven't seen the far side of midnight for many, many years.

Today I'm resting up. Making some duck broth in the slow-cooker, planning to barbecue some chicken breasts for dinner. Nice weather today. Quiet, too, with Mrs Elliott out of town.

But hard not to miss her. Last night I found an "I love you" note under my pillow when I went to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I love my wife dearly, but I like the occasional bachelor weekends...

    ReplyDelete