Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Question About Propane on the Westy

To my non Vanagon Westfalia-owning friends, apologies for bringing you to this page, which has zero non-Vanagon content.

To my Vanagon Westfalia-owning friends, I'd like to know if modifying the propane setup under the van to allow connecting a 5-gallon propane tank to the van to permit longer stays before refilling is possible.

I don't think my setup is standard. Here's what I got:
I don't know why the photo makes it look so green. It's not green.

If this is a standard setup, then what's a good kit? If it's not standard, any thoughts about a means to attach a propane bottle to this?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Anon. -- I posted a link on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack, First trip to your new weblog. I liked the bit on stouts. We have a 'local' here in Sac, the fox and goose, which has the extra on tap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you make it out to the Badlands?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Badlands? I thought you had been writing about Horse Ridge, which, near as I can determine, has been set aside by the BLM as a Non-Motorized Area only.

    ReplyDelete