Tuesday, May 27, 2014

First Camping Trip of 2014

Our new rescue cat, Cosette, and I are camping in the Crooked River National Grasslands, near Madras, Ore., for six nights. 

No facilities, just a wide spot off a small dirt road off a barely larger dirt road. But free, completely solitary, and with beautiful views.

It's been coolish and windish, partly cloudy, the occasional spatter of rain.  But I have a warm, wind-free shelter and warm clothing so I'm fine. Cat seems unbothered. Sleeps cuddled next to me at night. 

It's nice to be out before fire season clamps down on open and charcoal fires. I have been enjoying quickly seared steaks and slowly smoked ribs. 

Cat has been having a great time. It's so exciting here! Here is Camping Cat on morning patrol.

7 comments:

  1. Great photo and view. How about some information and some photos of the trailer. What is the make/brand and what is the weight? How does it pull behind the Vanagon? What sort of hitch are you using on the Vanagon?
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Anonymous -- I've written plenty about this handy little trailer on an older blog I'm no longer updating. Use this Google search (without the quotes: "ladybug site:socal2bend.blogspot.com"

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the report and I'll bookmark for future. Looking forward to posts on small, unnecessarily complicated camping devices.
    Chris C
    Wisc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. The camping public looks forward to small, overly complicated and unnecessarily complex camping devices.
    Chris C
    -Wisc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All right, Whipsnade -- do you want the minium or the maxium?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should upload more camping pics in fb :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but nah. FB is for people who like to read and write simple things, like "I like turtles." Long-winded writers like me make FB readers' lips get tired. And I don't feel like maintaining two sets of posts -- one for people who like to read, and one for people who like pictures.

      Delete